SEE IT: Disturbing Detail Karmelo Anthony Jury Never Saw
Premium domains for sale
Freedom Is Back In Style
Karmelo Anthony was reportedly “stalking” an ex-girlfriend and “obsessed” with weapons and fighting — and had sent threatening texts just hours before he stabbed Austin Metcalf to death.
Freedom Is Back
In Style
Premium domains for sale
Freedom Is Back
In Style
Premium domains for sale
Collin County Assistant District Attorney Bill Wirskye presented several pieces of evidence on Thursday that the jury in Anthony’s case never saw — including a statement from an ex-girlfriend who told a school assistant principal on April 2, 2025, that Anthony had been “stalking” her — The New York Post reported.
She also said at the time that he was “obsessed” with guns and knives. Just hours before he stabbed Metcalf, he sent her a photo of the knife along with the statement, “I’m low-key on the verge.”
“He was spiraling,” Wirskye told the court on Thursday.
The texts — as well as the ex-girlfriend’s “stalking” claim — were not introduced as evidence during the trial as part of a deal between the prosecution and the defense to leave prior behavior out and focus solely on what had happened on the day of the stabbing.
“I offered the agreement. Let’s stay away from historical character and stick to the facts — what happened under the tent,” Wirskye said.
The deal also meant that Metcalf’s prior behavior was not admitted into evidence — a move that Wirskye said was calculated to prevent the racial tensions already complicating the situation from getting even worse. Metcalf’s juvenile record, Wirskye explained, included graffiti that he referred to as “vile racist stuff” — but he did not offer any specifics.
During the trial, the prosecution alleged that Anthony had been the aggressor from the start — and witnesses testified to that, saying that at one point he’d put his hand in his bag and warned, “Touch me and see what happens.”
Anthony was ultimately convicted of murder and sentenced to 35 years in prison — but he has appealed the conviction and his attorneys have argued that the original judge should be removed from his case.
The court determined on Wednesday that Judge John Roach would be removed from the appeal, and retired District Court Judge Michael Chitty will be tasked with reviewing Anthony’s retrial motion.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Sad
0
Angry
0
Premium domains for sale
Comments (0)