Treasury Sec: We’re Cutting Off Benefits To Illegals, They Belong To Americans

Nov 29, 2025 - 11:28
 0  0
Treasury Sec: We’re Cutting Off Benefits To Illegals, They Belong To Americans

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said on Friday that he’s working to cut off federal benefits to people in the United States illegally, emphasizing that those benefits should be preserved for American citizens.

“At [President Donald Trump]‘s direction, we are working to cut off federal benefits to illegal aliens and preserve them for U.S. citizens,” Bessent posted to X on Friday. 

“[The United States Treasury] announced that it will issue proposed regulations clarifying that the refunded portions of certain individual income tax benefits are no longer available to illegal and other non-qualified aliens, covering the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Additional Child Tax Credit, the American Opportunity Tax Credit, and the Saver’s Match Credit,” he explained.

Bessent’s announcement was made in response to President Donald Trump declaring on Thanksgiving that he would pause all migration from third-world countries.

Trump also promised to “end all Federal benefits and subsidies to noncitizens of our Country, denaturalize migrants who undermine domestic tranquility, and deport any Foreign National who is a public charge, security risk, or non-compatible with Western Civilization.”

Americans’ generosity, Trump said, has been weaponized, allowing a vast foreign-born population to overwhelm the country and inflict deep social harm.

Trump said the U.S. now hosts a “foreign population” of 53 million, citing census data, and charged that many recent arrivals depend on taxpayer-supported welfare programs while coming from “failed nations, or from prisons, mental institutions, gangs, or drug cartels.”

In a separate post, Bessent stressed that illegal immigrants have “no place in our financial system.”

“Illegal aliens that use our financial institutions to move their illicitly obtained funds is exploitation, and it will end,” he said.

This past week, it was uncovered that billions of taxpayer dollars have been stolen in Minnesota, during the tenure of Democrat Gov. Tim Walz. The money was reportedly funneled through fake nonprofits and shell companies, and — alarmingly — some of that money has ended up in the hands of the al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group Al-Shabaab, The Daily Wire reported.

Much of the fraud has been traced to Minnesota’s Somali community, where politically connected fraudsters have allegedly exploited numerous loopholes in the state’s welfare system.

Additionally, though illegals are technically banned from being direct recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits and some healthcare benefits, reports indicate millions of illegals receive these taxpayer-funded benefits.

Related: In Blistering Thanksgiving Post, Trump Promises To Stop Migration From ‘All Third World Countries’

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0
Fibis I am just an average American. My teen years were in the late 70s and I participated in all that that decade offered. Started working young, too young. Then I joined the Army before I graduated High School. I spent 25 years in, mostly in Infantry units. Since then I've worked in information technology positions all at small family owned companies. At this rate I'll never be a tech millionaire. When I was young I rode horses as much as I could. I do believe I should have been a cowboy. I'm getting in the saddle again by taking riding lessons and see where it goes.