JD Vance’s ‘Simple’ Message After Massive Medicaid Fraud Takedown

May 22, 2026 - 07:30
0 0
JD Vance’s ‘Simple’ Message After Massive Medicaid Fraud Takedown

Vice President JD Vance said Thursday that the Trump administration would not rest until “justice is served” to those defrauding the American taxpayer through government welfare programs. 

4 Fs

Live Your Best Retirement

Fun • Funds • Fitness • Freedom

Learn More
Retirement Has More Than One Number
The Four Fs helps you.
Fun
Funds
Fitness
Freedom
See How It Works

Vance’s comments came shortly after the Justice Department charged 15 people across Minnesota with stealing $90 million through various fraud schemes targeting Medicaid and social service programs. Fraud in Minnesota has received widespread attention after independent journalist Nick Shirley took a camera to questionable entities raking in taxpayer dollars and asked about their operations. 

“Our message is simple: if you were committing fraud, our task force will find you. We’ll come after you, and we will not rest until justice is served,” Vance said in a video message. “Don’t defraud the American taxpayer. Don’t get rich by trying to steal from them, or we are going to come after you until justice is served. That’s our promise, and we’re going to stick to it.”

Vance, heading up the Trump administration’s anti-fraud task force, said that the charges announced Thursday included two of the largest Medicaid fraud cases in Minnesota history and the largest autism fraud case ever brought by the federal government. 

“With this action, we’re bringing justice to some of America’s most vulnerable citizens and justice to the American taxpayer,” he said. 

Medicaid fraud has come under heavy scrutiny from Republican officials in recent weeks after Daily Wire investigative reporter Luke Rosiak published a series documenting how Ohio spent a billion dollars on home healthcare in 2024. The home healthcare services included activities such as “homemaking” and “chores” for family members. 

The report found that just seven buildings in Columbus housed 288 home healthcare businesses that billed taxpayers more than $250 million. State officials appear to do little vetting for the so-called home healthcare companies. Vance has warned that states that do not combat fraud could lose their Medicaid funding. 

The vice president noted that one of the cases brought Thursday involved a defendant accused of billing Medicaid for around-the-clock care for a disabled man who was later found dead after receiving no actual services.

“To get rich off taxpayers, even at the cost of others’ lives, just as that fraudster had for many months before. This kind of behavior is sickening,” Vance said. 

Aimee Bock, the founder of the nonprofit Feeding Our Future, was sentenced to nearly 42 years in prison on Thursday over a $250 million fraud case involving meals supposedly given to children during the COVID pandemic.

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Wow Wow 0
Sad Sad 0
Angry Angry 0
Fibis

I am just an average American. My teen years were in the late 70s and I participated in all that that decade offered. Started working young, too young. Then I joined the Army before I graduated High School. I spent 25 years in, mostly in Infantry units. Since then I've worked in information technology positions all at small family owned companies. At this rate I'll never be a tech millionaire. When I was young I rode horses as much as I could. I do believe I should have been a cowboy. I'm getting in the saddle again by taking riding lessons and see where it goes.

Comments (0)

User